The Thickness Of Real Leather

- Mar 20, 2019-

Constituted by epinatural leatherl cells with different shapes, the epidermis locates under the hairs, clinging to natural leather. Different kinds of animal have different epinatural leatherl thickness. For example, the epinatural leatherl thickness of cattle hide is 0.5% to 1.5% of its total thickness, while sheep and goat hide 2% to 3%, and pig hide 2% to 5%. The natural leather, locating under the epidermis, between epidermis and, is an important part of raw hide. Its weight and thickness account for over 90% of raw hide.


Usually we choose that kind of leather with thickness 1-2mm to make men wallet, card wallet, leather document folder, conference folder, leather folio etc. If the leather is too thick when making leather journal cover or organizer, it will be shovelled before production to make it more fittable.